The Roundup -

Celebrate Independence Day Safely


MONTANA, June 24, 2015— The Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation and firefighters across Montana want to help you celebrate Independence Day with wildfire safety in mind. As we draw near to the Fourth of July, many of us celebrate with family and friends by enjoying campfires, barbeques and firework displays. While these activities encourage fun times and great memories, it is important to understand they may also pose serious threats and risks.

The tip of a sparkler burns at a temperature of more than 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit, which can easily ignite dry vegetation. The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display sponsored by your local community.

Here are a few additional tips for taking the fire out of fireworks:

· Never leave children unsupervised around any type of fire.

· Avoid starting any type of fire when conditions are dry or windy.

· Light fireworks one at a time, and after doing so, move away quickly.

· After fireworks are done burning, douse them with water before placing in the trash.

· Observe fireworks restrictions.

We can all make a difference in reducing human-caused fires this season.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 01/06/2019 16:25