The Roundup -

Retailers Need License By January 1 To Sell Alternative Nicotine Or Vapor Products


The Montana Department of Revenue is notifying convenience stores and other retailers about a new law requiring a license by January 1, 2016, to sell alternative nicotine or vapor products.

The department is mailing 1,800 postcards to retail outlets telling them they need to have the new Alternative Nicotine or Vapor Products License by January 1 to sell the products.

“These products are commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vapor cigarettes or vapes,” said Jim McKeon, Department of Revenue Unit Manager. “Even if you currently sell these vapor products and have a retail tobacco license, you will need this new alternative nicotine or vapor products license in order to continue selling these vapor products in Montana.”

There is a $5 fee to apply for the new license. You can apply and pay online through our eStop Business Licenses service at

If you prefer, you can mail in your application using our fillable Form MA - Master Application Form for eStop Licenses, which you can download at this link:

Mail your payment and completed form to eStop Business Licenses, PO Box 8003, Helena, MT 59604-8003.

“Whether you apply through our convenient online eStop portal or through the mail, I encourage retailers to apply now. Don’t wait because January is right around the corner and you won’t want to be without the necessary license for your business,” said McKeon.

If retailers have questions or need help applying, they can contact our customer service center by email at [email protected], call toll free at 1 (866) 859-2254 (in Helena 444-6900), or visit


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 09/21/2020 03:38