Dr. Twigg becomes Board Certified in Aesthetic Medicine
November 29, 2017 | View PDF
Dr. Shari Twigg recently became Board Certified through the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine. She joins over 300 physicians worldwide who have passed the Board Certification written exam and oral presentation. To be eligible for this ten-year certification, physicians must complete the Level 1 Certificate and Level 2 Diploma Courses in Aesthetic Medicine in addition to six months of practical experience in the field.
Dr. Twigg originally started her career years ago in the aesthetic skincare field, working in a world renowned spa and making a name for herself as an award-winning makeup artist. After going on to become a physician and working in obstetrics and gynecology for several years, she combined her medical expertise with her passion for aesthetics.
Aesthetic Medicine includes all medical procedures that are aimed at improving the physical appearance and satisfaction of the patient, using non-invasive to minimally invasive cosmetic procedures. Typically, medical spas perform many of the same procedures that are offered at regular spas, but with a more results-oriented focus and a larger arsenal of medical-grade tools because they are used under the guidance of a physician.
Under the direction of Dr. Twigg, Sidney Health Center's Advanced Aesthetics offers a full-range of nonsurgical cosmetic procedures for women (and men) of all ages.
Some of the most popular aesthetic procedures include:
• Botox and Xeomin treatments help soften dynamic wrinkles/lines and create a more youthful appearance. Results can last three to four months.
• Juvederm dermal fillers are used for facial lines and wrinkles or to add fullness to the lips and cheeks. Results typically last 12-24 months, depending on the type of procedure.
• Intense pulsed light (IPL) treatments help create homogenous complexion and skin texture by treating signs of aging and sun-induced changes including brown pigmentation, age spots, broken blood vessels, stretch marks, rosacea, and acne clearance.
• Microneedling involves various percutaneous collagen induction treatments using hyaluronic acid and vitamin C, hydroquinone, or platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to treat acne scars, scars, fine lines and wrinkles, skin laxity, diminished texture, tone and color, and even stretch marks, creating a fresher appearance and glow to the skin.
• Skinfinity Radiofrequency Thermal and Fractional Ablative Therapy tightens and resurfaces the skin and also improves fine lines and wrinkles, scars or acne scarring, sun damaged skin and brown spots on the face and neck. This procedure stimulates new collagen formation to improve visible signs of aging.
• Viora Body Sculpting use radiofrequency to deliver contouring and cellulite reduction by shrinking fat cells that results in a firmer, tighter appearance of the skin with little to no downtime.
• Kybella is a non-surgical injectable for reducing moderate to severe fat below the chin, commonly referred to a "double chin." The injection contains a naturally occurring substance in the body which helps the body absorb fat cells.
• Sclerotherapy is the treatment of superficial leg veins, spider veins and reticular veins. It involves injecting a solution directly into the vessel, causing the vein to collapse and reroute blood to healthier veins.
To find out more about any of these treatments or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Twigg, please call the office at 406-742-5256. Advanced Aesthetics is located in the MonDak Clinic building at 304 S Ellery Avenue, Suite #2 in Fairview, MT.