Parenting Class For Divorcing Parents Offered In Watford City, Aug. 5
July 31, 2019 | View PDF
Parents Forever, a research based educational parenting program, will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. on Monday, August 5 at the NDSU Extension Office/McKenzie County, 205 6th Street NW, Watford City.
Parents Forever would be appropriate for parents experiencing or considering a family transition of separation/divorce, who are divorced and experiencing challenges or who have never been married and do not live together.
Attendees of Parents Forever will learn valuable skills and tools to help reduce the effects of divorce on their children and themselves.
Techniques introduced will help participants learn to:
• Eliminate parental conflict in front of the child.
• Keep the child out of the middle of parent issues.
• Provide access to both parents.
• Put the best interest of the child first.
• Make adjustments in their finances to account for the financial changes that divorce brings.
• Work with the divorce legal process rather than against it.
• Form a new “pathway” in life after divorce.
Cost to attend is $55 per person, which includes a participant workbook. Pre-registration is requested prior to attending this program. Please call the NDSU Extension Service in McKenzie County at 701-444-3451 or e-mail [email protected] to enroll.