#Adulting Series Offered For Aspiring Adults, Watford City October 30 & November 6
October 23, 2019 | View PDF
Aspiring adults are encouraged to attend #Adulting on Wednesday evenings, October 30 and November 6 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at NDSU Extension/McKenzie County, 205 6th Street NW in Watford City. This program will help upcoming “responsible adults” accomplish (with more success) the more mundane, but necessary tasks in life. Both classes include hands-on activities and a light group meal.
Sessions on Wednesday, October 30 will be as follows:
• #SmellySocks: Gives you the knowledge and skills to successfully do a load of laundry.
• #BudgetBoss: Personal finances are often the biggest concerns for new adults. You will learn how to create and keep to a budget.
• #BabyitsColdOutside: Learn to navigate to grandma’s house in a winter driving scenario and make your own winter survival kit.
Wednesday, November 6 classes will be:
• MYFirstPlace: Select a mock rental and create a budget to furnish your home.
• #HealthyYou: Nutrition and physical activity are key to staying healthy. Attendees will create their own snack.
• #ShowMetheMoney: Financial terminology will help you understand your own money situation. You will play a #ShowMetheMoney showdown game to help you learn financial terms and why they are important.
Attendance is free of charge. Please pre-register by Monday, October 28 if you are interested in #Adulting. Please call NDSU Extension/McKenzie County at 701-444-3451 or email [email protected] if you are interested in attending.