McKenzie County COVID-19 Task Force
March 18, 2020
Monday, March 16th, a McKenzie County COVID-19 task-force was created. The mission of the task-force is to prepare the community for and support the efforts to slow the spread and flatten the curve.
With unified coordination and collaboration between Anova Family Health Center, McKenzie County Health Care Systems, Sanford Health Watford City Clinic, and Upper Missouri District Health Unit, the following public health information is for your personal well-being, the well-being of your friends and family, and the overall well-being of the community.
Anova Family Health Center is the designated location for curb side testing of COVID-19. If you are experiencing the following and have history:
• Fever, body & muscle aches, cough & shortness of breath AND
• Have traveled abroad or been in close contact with anyone traveling abroad in the last 14 days OR
• Have visited a health care facility as a worker, patient, or visitor or have been in close contact with those who have in the last 14 days
You MUST call ANOVA at (701) 842-6400 to complete a phone questionnaire.
Do NOT present to ANY of the healthcare facilities in the community if you have the above symptoms AND history of travel or healthcare facility exposure (defined above) without calling them.
If you are ill with symptoms OTHER THAN – those previously stated, and are seeking urgent care, please call McKenzie County Health Care Systems at (701) 842-3000.
For questions relating to COVID-19, including after hours or on weekends, you can either contact the MCHS hotline at (701) 842-6400 #9, or the North Dakota Department of Health hotline at (866) 207-2880.
Yesterday, the President and his team asked American’s to voluntarily take the following actions for the next 15 days to SLOW THE SPREAD and FLATTEN THE CURVE:
• IF YOU FEEL SICK, stay home. Do not go to work.
• IF YOUR CHILDREN ARE SICK, keep them home and stay home.
• IF SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD TESTS POSITIVE, keep the entire household home. Do not go to work. STAY HOME.
• IF YOU ARE over 60 or have an UNDERLYING MEDICAL CONDITION, stay home and away from others.
As always, if this is an emergency, please dial 9-1-1