The MonDak Heritage Center Announces Reopening Plans
May 13, 2020 | View PDF
The MonDak Heritage Center is excited to announce that we will be reopening to the public beginning Tuesday May 19th. We have 3 new exhibitions ready for viewing and are eager for you to have the opportunity to view them. Social Distancing rules will apply and we will be limiting access at this time.
To visit the MDHC:
• Masks/Face coverings are a must. This is for your protection as well as for the safety of other patrons and staff who are also in the building. We are in this together.
• Social Distancing rules still apply. Maintain a safe (6 feet minimum) distance from others (if you come in a small group, your group may stay together).
• Limiting access. To ensure we are maintaining group control and safe distancing measures, we will only allow 15 people in the MDHC at any given time.
• Scheduling your time. Because we have limited access, we ask that everyone schedule their visit to the MDHC until further notice. You may do this by calling 406-433-3500. We request that you schedule your time to visit the MDHC in one-hour time slots, and if you cannot make your appointment, please reschedule. Also, only bring the folks with you that you schedule.
• We need your information. Why? Again, out of an abundance of caution, we are requesting that you give us your name, phone number, and email address (and for each of your guests). We are requesting this to be proactive in case there is a health issue, and we need to notify you of such. Also, we request that if you become ill within 48 hours of your visit to the MDHC that you notify us, so we can alert others (if necessary).
• Cleaning. We will do additional cleaning daily, and have high-touch surfaces cleaned on a frequent basis (such as hand rails, door handles, and high-traffic area surfaces).
• Be well. We want you to be well, so we can share our exhibits with the public. If you have a fever, cough, runny nose, etc., we ask you to PLEASE STAY HOME. We can always reschedule your visit, so please do not put yourself or others in jeopardy at this time. We ask this of our staff, too. We want to open up, and we want to do this in a smart way, so we can stay open. We miss you, too, and we will see you soon. If you have a fever, chills, cough, runny nose — STAY HOME. If you come in and we notice any symptoms, you will be requested to leave. We recommend vulnerable people to continue to follow the stay at home guidelines.
• May 19 – 22, 2020 — open to Members only under the guidelines above. You may join to receive Member access.
• May 26 - 29, 2020 — open to the public under the guidelines above. NOTE: Opening schedule is contingent upon statewide phased reopening and subject to change.
At this time we will be open for viewing of exhibitions only, but we look forward to offering Art Classes and Open Studio days beginning in June.
We remain very grateful for your continued support, now more than ever. Over the past several weeks, we have engaged and entertained you on social media. We have continued to research and pursue grant opportunities, and programming ideas and have installed new exhibitions, waiting for the opportunity to reopen and invite you to view them. We have also followed the guidelines given to us by the Governor and the Richland County Commissioners, as well as other health agencies.
Our goal was to remain ready for the moment to reopen the MDHC and welcome you all back. In doing so, we will need your help and enthusiastic support. Schedule your time to visit us. Tell your friends, family, and colleagues about your great experiences here at the MDHC. Your support, along with spreading the word, will help the MDHC to continue to fulfill its mission to “engage, educate, and inspire our community by preserving and contributing to the area's arts, culture, and heritage”.
The MonDak Heritage Center is located at 120 3rd Avenue SE in Sidney and is open Tuesday-Friday from 10-4 and will be open Saturday’s from 1-4 beginning June 6. Admission is FREE. For more information call (406) 433-3500 or e-mail [email protected]