Mid-Rivers Communications Awards 31 Scholarships Totaling $34,000
May 12, 2021 | View PDF
Mid-Rivers Communications is proud to announce the award of 31 scholarships to students from the Cooperative’s service area. Six $1,500 scholarships were awarded to students planning to attend Dawson Community College or Miles Community College, and 25 $1,000 scholarships were awarded to students planning to attend a four-year college or university, community college or tech school in the fall of 2021. Preference was given in the scholarship award selection process to students who plan to live and work in Eastern and Central Montana after completing their education.
A $1,500 Dawson Community College/Miles Community College Scholarship has been awarded to the following recipients:
• Parker Knight, Wibaux: Parker plans to begin her college career at Miles Community College where she will study pre-veterinary.
• Laurel Sponheim, Richey: Laurel would like to open her own business and will pursue that dream through her studies at Dawson Community College.
A $1,000 Mid-Rivers Higher Education Scholarship has been awarded to the following recipients:
• Jaylen Baxter, Sidney: Jaylen will begin her pursuit of a nursing degree from Dickinson State University this fall.
• Brianna Brost, Sidney: Brianna plans to study chemistry/pre-medicine at Syracuse University this fall.
• Jaxson Franklin, Sidney: Jaxson plans to study business finance at Dickinson State University in the fall.
• Caleb Gackle, Circle: Calen will begin working towards his degree at City College at MSU Billings in hopes of becoming an automotive mechanic.
• Jadyn Gackle, Fairview: Jadyn will enroll at Black Hills State University this fall pursuing a degree in professional accountancy.
• Matthew Hansen, Sidney: Matthew’s pursuit of a business administration degree will take him to the University of Providence.
• Kendra Kaufman, Glendive: Kendra will continue her education at Dickinson State University where she is studying elementary education.
• Krayle Stormer, Circle: Krayle plans to attend Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University where he will earn an aerospace engineering degree.
“Mid-Rivers is committed to the communities we serve, and the Mid-Rivers Higher Education Scholarship is one of the many ways we are able to show that commitment,” stated General Manager/CEO Michael Candelaria. “This year’s $34,000 in scholarships will allow us to have a positive impact on the lives of 31 students and families from eastern and central Montana.”
Mid-Rivers Communications will award an additional Fourteen (14) $500 scholarships through a drawing of eligible students in attendance at the 2021 Mid-Rivers Annual Meeting on May 25, in Miles City.
To qualify for the drawing, students must:
• Attend the meeting with a parent or guardian who is a member of the Cooperative
• Register with the scholarship table
• Provide proof of full-time enrollment
• Participate in simple interactive tasks that will be assigned at the annual meeting.
Registration for the meeting begins at 10 a.m. at Custer County Event Center and the meeting begins at 11 a.m. Students must be present at the time of the drawing to win.