Clean Williston Event Scheduled For April 23
March 30, 2022 | View PDF
Williston, ND – In celebration of Earth Day on April 22 and in preparation for Band Day on May 7, the City of Williston’s Spring Clean Williston event is scheduled for 8 a.m.-12 p.m., Saturday, April 23.
Paused in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Clean Williston is a tradition going back over 20 years and is held biannually in the spring and fall.
“Clean Williston is one way to give back to your community,” explained City of Williston Mayor Howard Klug. “It is an easy way to be involved and demonstrate pride for what is happening in Williston. The last two events have been well attended with residents of all ages participating. We look forward to seeing everyone who comes out this spring.”
Individuals and groups interested in participating in this year’s Spring Clean Williston event can register onlineat bit.ly/CleanWilliston for one of 40 zones.
Volunteers are asked to meet at 8 a.m. in Davidson Park, 11th ST W. and 9th Ave. W. the day of the event. Individuals who do not register in advance are welcome and will be assigned a zone! Volunteers will receive a free Clean Williston t-shirt and a light breakfast. Public Works will provide safety vests, gloves, and garbage bags.
During the event, garbage bags can be left on the side of the road in each zone for pickup or returned to Davidson Park for disposal. Volunteers are asked to return their safety vests, gloves, and any unused garbage bags to Davidson Park or leave alongside used bags for pickup.
In addition to collected trash, the following will be accepted at Davidson Park:
• Wood: Two containers (trees and construction material) will be available. This service is free.
• Metal: One container provided by Pacific Steel and Recycling will be available. This service is free. Items that cannot be loaded by hand will be redirected to either recycling facility.
• Tires: Individuals are limited to four tires per person. Chamley Pipe and Salvage will shred for free.
The City of Williston Recycle Center trailer will be onsite and will accept the following free of charge:
• Cardboard: Please break down boxes.
• Tin and aluminum cans: Loose preferred vs bagged.
• White paper: Loose preferred vs bagged. This paper will not be shredded.
The North Dakota Recycling Services Secure Shred truck will also be available from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. for public shred. The first two boxes are free with additional boxes costing $10 per banker’s box.
• Chamley Pipe and Salvage
• City of Williston Public Works
• North Dakota Recycling Services
• Pacific Steel and Recycling
In addition to Clean Williston, mark your calendars for these other upcoming events!
• Free Landfill Day: Saturday, May 14
• Erase the E-Waste Day –Wednesday, June 8, 8 a.m.- 6 p.m. at Chamley Pipe and Salvage
For more information on this story, please contact Caitlin Pallai, Communications Strategist, 701-713-3800 or [email protected].