Purchase Montana Hunting, Fishing Licenses Online
March 25, 2020 | View PDF
In accordance with guidelines for social distancing related to COVID-19 and to protect the public as well as staff, Fish, Wildlife & Park strongly encourages hunters and anglers to make licensing purchases online at fwp.mt.gov. For those who need assistance with their purchase, please call the FWP licensing center at 406-444-2950 or your regional or area office:
• Region 6 (Glasgow): 228-3700; Havre Area Office: 265-6177
• Region 7 (Miles City): 234-0900; FWP Headquarters (Helena): 444-2535
FWP regional and headquarters offices remain open, but visitors will be required to follow protocol to reduce the risk of exposure to and spread of COVID-19. These protocols include:
• Entry to the lobby is limited and monitored by an FWP staff member.
• Visitors must wait outside until notified by FWP staff to enter.
• No cash will be accepted, only checks and credit or debit cards.
• The April 1 deadline for deer and elk, the May 1 deadline for moose, sheep, goat and bison, and the June 1 deadline for Elk B, Deer B, and antelope will remain in effect. These deadlines are set in statute.
• Please check with your local FWP office for hours of operation.
To purchase licenses online, go to fwp.mt.gov and click on “License: Buy/Apply.” For more information on FWP’s response to COVID-19, go to http://fwp.mt.gov/covid19.
Additional information on COVID-19 is also available online, on DES social media, and via phone:
• Twitter: @MontanaDES
• Facebook: Facebook.com/MontanaDES
• Instagram: @MontanaDES406