One of the street fairs held prior to the establishment of the Richland County Fair circa 1916. It was the popularity of the street fair which always included an animal parade that prompted the evolution to Richland County Fair in 1920. The fair was held where the current IGA building is located. The livery barn is where the South 40 is located now. (Photos submitted by Lola Hansen)
These girls are being recognized at the fair parade for winning a 4-H cooking competition in Great Falls in 1938. Shown (L to R) are : Betty Ray, Myrna Osborne, Katharine Miller, Eunice Osborne and Hazel Blair. Blair is Lola Hansen's mom.