McKenzie County 4-H Archers Receive Honors At State Indoor Match
May 1, 2019 | View PDF
McKenzie County 4-H Archers took home Second Place honors in the barebow senior division at the 4-H Archery Indoor Championships recently held at Nishu Bowmen Range in Bismarck. Team members were: Shyanna Hovde, Hosanna and Ezra Patten and Clay Ceynar.
In addition, the following youth landed individual placings as follows:
• Junior division-barebow boy-1st place--Ryan Pingel
• Junior division-barebow boy-3rd place-Jeremiah Patten
• Senior division-barebow girl-3rd place-Hosanna Patten
• Junior division-freestyle-5th place-Jake Ceynar
Other McKenzie County youth participating in the Indoor Championship were:
• Seniors: David Crain and Colton Crist
• Juniors: Thaydan Arnold, Dylon Cargo, Hunter Cowan, Noah Crain, Skyla Hovde and Luke Smith
• Beginners: Emma Arnold, Isabelle Crain, Jax Hovde and Luke Pedersen
This event is the culmination of indoor matches held across North Dakota. McKenzie County youth shot in Watford City, Minot, Bismarck and Edgeley. They are required to attend at least two of these district matches to participate in the championship. The best two district scores and the score at the championship place the archers and teams.
Archers from 8 to 18 years old competed in three age divisions and two bow divisions. 4-H archers can compete in barebow and/or freestyle bow divisions.
For more information on the McKenzie County 4-H Archery Program, please contact NDSU Extension/McKenzie County at 701-444-3451.