Childcare Summit, Sept. 16, Sidney
August 31, 2022 | View PDF
Richland Economic Development Corp is pleased to announce the inaugural Childcare Summit in Sidney. The event will be held on Friday, Sept. 16. The event will be held at the Pella Lutheran Church multi-purpose room.
Since the two top priorities for the economy of Richland County are workforce and childcare, REDC has focused on bringing solutions to our area. This event is packed full of a wide variety of topics for anyone currently operating a daycare, considering opening a daycare, or someone who needs to be recertified in CPR and First Aid.
The objectives of the summit are to build capacity in our area, to provide education for providers, to create connectivity between providers, and to bring to focus on the connection between the employers and the providers.
The lineup of speakers and topics is robust:
• Patty Butler, MT Dept of Health and Human Services, will talk about licensing requirements, available programs through DPHHS, and potential funding resources to help providers
• Michele Herres, State Farm, will discuss insurance and liability coverage for providers
• Davey Madison, MT Cooperative Development Center, will discuss options for employers to create a cooperative daycare for their employees
• Tara Hill & Erin Anderson, CHMS, will discuss legal structures, financial considerations and QuickBook advice
• Kyssa Rassmussen, Sunrise Wellness Center, will talk about mental health of both providers and children
• Emily Keegan, AEMT, will recertify those needing Pediatric First Aid & CPR
• Carrie Krug, MSU extension, will discuss healthy nutrition for growing children, as well as age-appropriate physical activities
• Kelly Reisig, Richland County Library, will talk about the various resources that our library has
• Tammy Phelps, Montana Family Connections, will have fingerprinting of the providers and their background checks provided free
• Alex DuBois and Caitlin Jensen, Zero to Five, will focus on the connections between providers and employers, offering solutions, child friendly workplaces, etc.
There hasn’t been an event focused on childcare in Eastern Montana until to now. Please reserve your spot for this summit now. The registration fee for those not taking CPR is $50. The fee for those being recertified in CPR is $95. Call Richland Economic Development Corp at 406-482-4679 to register today!