Sidney-Richland County Library Services During COVID-19
April 22, 2020
Sidney - The Sidney-Richland County Library continues to serve the community with a number of services while remaining closed in accordance with both the Governor’s Declaration and a resolution passed by the Richland County Commissioners.
Programs and services available to the public include:
• Montana Library2Go: Download either the OverDrive or Libby app on their computer or device to access ebooks or audiobooks.
• Digital Library Card: Sign up quickly and conveniently for a digital card. Start the process by texting two pictures, a photo ID and a piece of mail, to 406-478-3668.
• Website: The library’s website has a wealth of opportunities for visitors.
• COVID-19 Information You Can Trust: Go to http://www.richland.org/spl to research information about COVID-19.
• Research You Can Use: Learn and research any number of topics by clicking “Online Research Data & Tools” along the left-hand column.
• Free Classes with Universal Class: Use your library card to sign up for free online classes on hundreds of topics-from a new hobby to a new skill for work. Some classes offer certificates or continuing education credits. Click “Online Classes” along the left-hand column.
• Free Wifi: Park near the library to access its free Wifi hotspot. Send a message to obtain the Wifi password.
Virtual Programming on Facebook (www.facebook.com/spl) includes:
• Virtual Story Time with Kirpa every Friday at 10:30 a.m.
• Trivia with Kathryn each Tuesday and Thursday at 1:30 p.m. Each trivia time has a $20 Chamber Bucks winner.
• Krafts with Kirpa every week
• Science with Kirpa every week
The library is rolling out new programs, including:
• Facebook Virtual Bingo: Watch for more details.
• Outreach Program to Isolated Older Adults: The library will be using Facebook to share information on how residents can send cards or notes of encouragement to isolated older adults in the county. Details will be on both the library’s website and Facebook page.
Community members can submit questions in a number of ways:
• Facebook Message
• Email [email protected]
• Text 406-478-3686
Despite the difficulties presented by COVID-19, the Sidney-Richland County Library will not shrink from its mission.
“Our library is a committed partner in the community and we will continue to find new ways to help our fellow community members. It was difficult to have to close but it is in the best interests of staff and patrons. We look forward to the day we see everyone healthy and safe in the library,” Reisig said. “All library items have been renewed until April 27. This does not, however, apply to any items that are considered “lost” in the system because of an excessive amount of time not returned. The book drop is still available to return library items.”