Bakken Summer Rides Three Weekends Drive, Ride, Boat
July 15, 2020 | View PDF
Fun summer rides to explore a few of the best tourist stops in Western North Dakota.
Explore a few of the best tourist stops in Western North Dakota on three special Bakken rides this summer. Take part in the North-Central and Southwest rides by motorcycle, classic car or your daily commuter and get your boat on the water for the Lake Sakakawea float!
The ride is hosted by the North Dakota Petroleum Foundation and proceeds from the ride will benefit Oilfield Helping Hands.
The Bakken Summer Rides:
July 25: North-Central North Dakota - Start in Minot
• 8:30-9:30 a.m. - Registration and breakfast at NewKota Services & Rentals (925 72nd Ave NE, Minot)
• 9:30 a.m. Ride begins with stops at Lake Metigoshi and Mouse River State Park, sponsored by Hams Well Service and ThruTubing Solutions.
Aug. 1: Southwest North Dakota -- Start in Dickinson
• 8:30-9:30 a.m. - Registration and breakfast at Wyoming Casing (198 40th Street East, Dickinson)
• 9:30 a.m. - Ride begins with stops in Bowman and Medora, sponsored by Hams Well Service and ThruTubing Solutions.
Aug. 8: Lake Sakakawea Float
12-5 p.m. - Float at your own pace and meet other boaters between Skunk Bay, McKenzie Bay and Indian Hills!
• Please avoid Indian Hills after 1:30 p.m. to avoid the weigh-in of a fishing tournament.
A few more details:
• Each ride will have a lead vehicle (motorcycle or car by land, pontoon by water)
• Every participant will receive a gift from Oilfield Helping Hands
• Participants are highly encouraged to refrain from alcohol use before and during the ride, especially if driving any type of vehicle
• We welcome more companies to participate -- contact Rob Lindberg from Bakken Backers if you would like to add your company to the event.
In registering for this event, all participants acknowledge they entering into each and any ride at their own risk and agree to assume all responsibility for injuries they may incur as a direct or indirect result of their participation. They, on behalf of themselves, their personal representatives, and their heirs and assigns, voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend, and indemnify North Dakota Petroleum Council, Inc. and the North Dakota Petroleum Foundation, their appointed officials, directors, employees, agents, brands or business associates from all claims, suits, or causes of action for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services, or otherwise which may arise out of their participation in each and any ride. They also give permission for the free use of their name and/or photograph in a broadcast, telecast, or other account of this event.