Mid-Rivers Increases Available Scholarships To $90,000 For Area Students
February 9, 2022 | View PDF
Mid-Rivers Communications is offering $90,000 in scholarship funds for eastern and central Montana students, more than doubling the Cooperative’s total scholarship investment in recent prior years.
The Mid-Rivers Fund for Education, funded by unclaimed capital credits and donations of capital credits from members, has awarded over $470,000 in scholarships to area students. In 2022, Mid-Rivers will award 36 competitive and 15 drawing scholarships.
Scholarship categories reflect the mission and values of the Cooperative and its members. This year’s scholarship program has three categories:
• Mid-Rivers Higher Education Scholarship – Thirty (30) $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to students attending a technical school, community college, or a four-year educational institution, available to both graduating high school seniors and current college students who are continuing their undergraduate studies.
• Dawson Community College/Miles Community College Scholarship – In support of local educational institutions, up to six (6) $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to students attending Dawson Community College (DCC) or Miles Community College (MCC).
• Mid-Rivers Annual Meeting Drawing – Fifteen (15) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded through a drawing of eligible students in attendance at the 2022 Mid-Rivers Annual Meeting scheduled for May 24, 2022, at Garfield County High School in Jordan, MT. To qualify, students must attend the meeting with a parent or guardian who is a member of the Cooperative, register at the meeting, provide proof of full-time college enrollment for the Fall of 2022, and participate in simple interactive tasks that may be assigned at the Annual Meeting. Students must be present at the time of the drawing to win.
Competitive Scholarships will be awarded based on how well each student’s application addresses the following priority areas:
• Demonstration of specific plans and an authentic desire to live and work in the Mid-Rivers Service Area in the future.
• Work experience and school and community activities during high school and/or college.
• Unique, inspiring and innovative Personal Statement.
• Grade point average and ACT/SAT test scores.
• Ability to communicate.
Eligible applicants for all categories include graduating high school seniors entering freshman year at a college, university or technical school; and current college, university and technical school students planning to continue undergraduate studies in the fall. All applicants must be enrolled as full-time students for the Fall of 2022. Previous scholarship winners (competitive or drawing, and in any year) are ineligible. Applicants must have a parent or guardian who is a member of Mid-Rivers Telephone Cooperative, Inc. with active telephone or Internet service and a completed and approved membership application. Applicants unsure of membership status should contact Mid-Rivers as soon as possible (at least 30 days in advance of the deadlines) at 1-800-452-2288 to verify eligibility.
Applications must be completed online and are now available at http://www.midrivers.com. Applicants may only apply in one scholarship category and each student may only be awarded one scholarship. Applicants unsuccessful in the competitive scholarships are eligible and encouraged to enter the drawing for scholarships at the Annual Meeting.
The completed form(s) and all required attachments must be submitted online by Friday, April 15, 2022, at 5 p.m. MDT. Only complete applications will be considered. For complete guidelines and online application form, please visit http://www.midrivers.com/2022-scholarships/.