The Roundup -

Boys & Girls Club of Richland County Launches Summer Food Program


Boys & Girls Club of Richland County announces the sponsorship of the Simplified Summer Food Program for children. Meals will be made available at no charge to attending children 18 years of age and younger who have enrolled in our program. Children who are members of Washington Basic Food households, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) assistance units, or households receiving Food Distribution Programs on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) benefits are automatically eligible to receive free meal benefits at eligible program sites (enrolled summer programs or residential summer camps). Other children from families whose income is at or below the levels in the table shown are also eligible for free meal benefits if enrolled in a program offered at our site(s).

Starting June 11 to July 30 meals will be served at the following locations: Breakfast from 8:30 a.m.-9 a.m. at the Richland County Housing Authority commons areas. Lunch will be served from a food trailer at the following locations at the following times, Richland County Housing Authority, 11 a.m.-11:30 a.m .; Lyndale Park parking lot, 12-12:20 p.m. and Water Tower Park, 12:40-1 p.m.

If you have questions or need more information, contact Elaine Stedman at 406-433-6763.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.

To request a copy of the complaint form, call 566-632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: 202-690-7442; or (3) Email: program., USDA is an equal opportunity provider.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 02/22/2020 10:17